Terms & Conditions
The term ‘Gin Lane Pty Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’ or ‘we’ refers to Gin Lane Pty Ltd, the owner of the website, whose registered office is Gin Lane Australia Pty Ltd, Level 10, 313 La Trobe St Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3000. The term ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to the website user.
Your use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The content of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without prior notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the performance, accuracy, timeliness, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You hereby acknowledge that such information and materials may contain mistakes, inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude any liability for such to the fullest extent permissible by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the content, design, layout, appearance, look and graphics of the website. Any reproduction of the website’s material is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to us, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may be a criminal offence and/or give rise to a claim for damages.
- This website may also, on occasion, include links to other websites which are not controlled by us. These links are provided for your convenience to provide you with further information. You acknowledge that they are used at your own risk. They do not signify that we recommend or endorse the websites. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those websites.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of your use of it is subject to the laws of Victoria.
- You may only use the website for lawful purposes and in a manner consistent with the nature and purpose of the website.
- These terms and conditions do not relate to your use of any product or service described on our website unless otherwise agreed. You must refer to the individual warranty relevant to any particular product or service.
- These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time. Your continued use of our website following any such amendments will be deemed to be confirmation that you accept those amendments.
- You indemnify us from and against all claims, suits, demands, actions, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis) resulting from your use of the website.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense including legal costs and expenses (whether direct or indirect) incurred by you in connection with the use of this website.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
We accept payment by major credit cards supported by eWay. Payment is taken before the goods are shipped.
We take security seriously and so all payments and personal details are always sent in an encrypted format. Additionally we do not handle or store your credit/debit card information ourselves. This is held securely by eWay under full PCI compliance.
All payments are in $AUD and include GST at the current rate.
We offer delivery to anywhere in Australia.
Every care is taken to ensure your products arrive safely however we cannot take responsibility for any injury or harm caused by, but not limited to, broken glass. If your delivery is received damaged please see our refund policy below for broken items.
Our courier is instructed to ensure our deliveries are to persons that are at least 18. If they are unsure they may ask for appropriate ID, and they will always ask for a signature. If this is not available unfortunately the courier cannot leave the order.
For the avoidance of doubt, once we deliver the order to the shipping address as specified in the order the goods become the recipients responsibility. Until the delivery has been made/accepted, the goods are owned by us.
On receipt of your goods please check the items carefully and notify us immediately of any items that are incorrect or incomplete at email@example.com.
We offer the opportunity to sign up to our membership throughout the year, but we only process, package and send orders in one 1-3 day period per month. We aim to ship your order within 3-5 working days of your membership fee being charged to your card. Delivery times will vary depending upon your location.
If for any reason we are unable to fulfill your membership order we will contact you and offer you the option of a full refund or provide another option of equal or greater value.
The price of your membership will be shown on the checkout page at sign up including the appropriate shipping rate. We take care to ensure that the description and pricing is accurate at the time you place an order. However, in the unlikely event that an error occurred and we discover this before we ship the order to you we are not bound to sell you the goods at the price shown. If such an error occurs we will contact you let you know as soon as possible giving you the opportunity to cancel or reconfirm the order at the correct price.
Alcohol is a restricted product and as such we will not sell to anyone who is not 18 years or over. By placing an order you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and not buying for someone under 18.
If you are unhappy with the service you have received from us in anyway please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unwanted goods that have been correctly supplied will only be accepted for return at our discretion. You must contact us for authorisation before returning any items. It will be your responsibility to ensure the goods are returned unopened and in a re-saleable condition. We regret we are unable to refund any carriage costs.
If you want to return any of the products you must notify us with 5 days of receipt of the delivery.
If you wish to cancel an order please contact us immediately. If the order has not yet shipped we will process the cancelation and reimburse the price of the products within 30 days of your notification to cancel. Once the order has shipped, we reserve the right not to offer a refund unless your goods arrive damaged as described above.
Your statutory rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods are unaffected by anything in these Terms & Conditions.
Consumption of alcohol guidelines
New national guidelines for alcohol consumption have been developed by the National Health and Medical Research Council to help you reduce your risk of harm from alcohol.
The guidelines are based on the most current and best available scientific research and evidence.
How much you drink is your choice, but the guidelines can help you make informed choices and help keep your risk of alcohol-related accidents, injuries, diseases and death, low – both in the short and long term.
What do I need to know?
Factors such as gender, age, mental health, drug use, and existing medical conditions can change how alcohol affects you. Responsible drinking is about balancing your enjoyment of alcohol with the potential risks and harm that may arise from drinking – especially if you go beyond low risk drinking levels.
What do the guidelines recommend?
- For healthy men and women, drinking no more than two standard drinks on any day reduces your risk of harm from alcohol-related disease or injury over a lifetime.
- Drinking no more than four standard drinks on a single occasion reduces the risk of alcohol-related injury arising from that occasion.
What are the health risks?
The health risks that accumulate over a lifetime from alcohol increase progressively – this means that the more you drink, the greater the risk.
Drinking alcohol can affect your liver or cause brain damage, heart disease, high blood pressure and increases your risk of many cancers. It may also increase your risk of injury through road trauma, violence, falls and accidental death.
What is a standard drink?
A standard drink contains 10 grams of pure alcohol.
It is important to note that drink serving sizes are often more than one standard drink. There are no common glass sizes used in Australia.
The label on an alcoholic drink container tells you the number of standard drinks in the container.
Tips to reduce the risk to your health when drinking
It is possible to drink at a level that is less risky, while still having fun. There are a number of things you can do to make sure you stay within low risk levels and don’t get to a stage where you are no longer capable of controlling your drinking.
- Set limits for yourself and stick to them
- Start with non-alcoholic drinks and alternate with alcoholic drinks
- Drink slowly
- Try drinks with a lower alcohol content
- Eat before or while you are drinking
- If you participate in rounds of drinks try to include some non-alcoholic drinks
If you or someone you know needs support and treatment to reduce your alcohol intake, you should contact:
- Your doctor
- Your local community health service
- An alcohol or other drug helpline in your state/territory:
ACT (02) 6207 9977
NSW (02) 9361 8000 (Sydney),1800 422 599 (NSW country)
NT (08) 8922 8399 (Darwin), (08) 8951 7580 (Central Australia), 1800 131 350 (Territory wide)
Qld 1800 177 833
SA 1300 131 340
Tas 1800 811 994
Vic 1800 888 236
WA (08) 9442 5000 (Perth),1800 198 024 (WA country)
This advice does not replace advice from your health care provider.
Standard drink guide
4.8% alc. vol
4.8% alc. vol
Average restaurant serve of sparkling wine
12% alc. vol
Average restaurant serving of red wine
Average restaurant serving of white wine
5% alc. vol